Travis Kalanick, I’ve been meaning to tell you:
5. Thank you for thinking of an efficient way to get people around town. Less overall carbon emissions, and more people arriving safely to their desired destinations – win/win. I know you’re probably making a crap ton of money, and I think you deserve it.
4. Thanks for being the only reason my dad finally decided to get with the times and buy a smart phone…and subsequently text me (NOT from the road). So much in-explainable spacing & random punctuation –???? Bonus: My mom got to take down all of her Christmas decorations in uninterrupted peace this year.
3. Thank you for reminding me that my dad and my husband have more in common than just thinking I’m awesome. They are equally inquisitive and neither is ever wrong (just ask them!). Listening to them compare their ride experiences and driver ratings has been surreal. My mom and I have noticed that they’ve talked more in the past two weeks than in the last two years combined.
2. Thanks for getting my husband out of the house! He knows I love him…so very much. I just try to remind him that he has so much to offer EVERYONE that he shouldn’t waste his unbridled energy on just little old me.
1. Finally, the number one reason I’d like to thank you is because nothing brings me greater gratitude than knowing my soon-to-be 15-year-old has Uber as an option to get him from here to there if he so chooses…one that doesn’t require him to put the pedal to the metal or for me to dislodge my heart from my throat. Dear ol’ dad or grandpa might even come to his rescue from (surge) time to (surge) time.
No. I did not get paid for this post. But I da*n well should have. #MomEndorsement #UberRox #TruthBeToldIHeartThisCompany
Written by Heidi Woodard